Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Romney's Concession Speech and Obama's Victory Speech


Courtesy of 3 Quarks Daily, here are the speeches of the two men who did battle for the presidency of the United States of America.

I voted for neither of these men, seeing only minor differences between the two in substance (Obama may have the edge with me because he is more socially liberal) - both are owned by the 1%.

Now that Obama has won a substantial Electoral College victory, I have a request.

I would like for Obama to invite Romney to the White House (which he has done), but I want Obama to make Romney an economic adviser and congressional liaison. Maybe Romney would refuse such a post - he can certainly make more money returning to the private sector, not to mention the flack he would receive from the conservative wing of his party - but I think such a partnership would go a long way toward healing the divide we face in the House and Senate.

Eloquent Obama is back: The Victory Speech



And here, for good measure, is Mitt Romney's concession speech:




Posted by S. Abbas Raza at 03:37 AM | Permalink

No comments: