Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Binge Eating Research Project

This was in my in-box tonight, and since I am a supporter of any and all research that can help us better understand disordered eating, I wanted to pass it along and encourage any men who qualify to take the survey. Thanks.

If you blog on similar topics, please consider reposting this on your own blog -- thanks again.
My name is Colleen Schreyer and I am a graduate student in clinical psychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. As part of my master's thesis, I am collecting data from individuals who have engaged in binge eating, and from those individuals who can eat alot, but enjoy the process. I am hoping to collect survey information from large groups of people, especially men as they are greatly under-represented in eating disorders research, to provide a more accurate picture of binge eating and how it affects individuals differently. The survey takes approximately 30 minutes, and all participants are entered in a drawing to win an Apple Ipod. Any information collected would remain confidential and participants may be assured that I will maintain their anonymity. Email addresses will be collected only to enter participants in the drawing (optional) and will not be associated or linked with the survey responses. I currently have approval from my university's institutional review board to collect data and could provide a copy of this approval to you.

No comments: